Our mission since 1955: Promote and advance the knowledge of mineralogy and the related disciplines of
crystallography, petrology, geochemistry and economic geology.
There are many good reasons to become a member or to renew your membership.
You will receive:
MAC also offers the following services to the Earth Sciences community at large:
- A subscription to Elements - An International Magazine of Mineralogy; Geochemistry, and Petrology (replaces MAC Newsletters);
- 20% discount on MAC short courses and special publications volumes and on the Canadian Mineralogist thematic issues;
- Special discount on registration fee at our annual meeting;
- You will be supporting the mineralogical community and a society-run journal published by a non-profit organization.
- Promotion of excellence by giving out the following Awards:
- The Hawley Award for the best paper published in The Canadian Mineralogist;
- The Peacock medal for outstanding contributions to the mineral sciences in Canada;
- The Leonard G. Berry Medal for distinguished service to the Association;
- The Young Scientist Award given to a young scientist who has made a significant international research contribution in a promising start to a scientific career;
- The Pinch Medal to recognize major and sustained contributions to the advancement of mineralogy by members of the collector-dealer community.
- Symposia and special sessions organized at the GAC-MAC annual meeting;
- Applied short course offered prior to or after the annual meeting;
- Berry Summer School offered prior to or after the annual meeting or independently;
- Student award prizes to the top student in introductory mineralogy course at each Canadian university;
- Two $5,000 annual scholarships for a student in an MSc program and a student in a PhD program;
- Up to $15,000 in travel or research grants to assist honours undergraduate and graduate students in the mineral sciences;
- Sponsorship of Student conferences or other related activities;
- A commitment to furthering public awareness of science.
Any person engaged or interested in the fields of mineralogy,
crystallography, petrology, geochemistry and economic geology can join the
Mineralogical Association of Canada.
Becoming a member is easy. Just go to the online store or fill the
application/renewal form and fax or mail back to us.